Insurance claims

Whether you're brand new to air duct cleaning, an experienced contractor, or just someone who has a good idea, your opinions and experiences are valuable to others. Your voice matters.

Together, we can build discussion networks leading to more strategic and effective partnerships in the industry of air duct cleaning.

Insurance claims

Postby Ron » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:14 pm

For those doing restoration work, how are you charging insurance companies that want to dictate the price they'll pay for cleaning?
Ron

Re: Insurance claims

Postby John Bently » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm

In general it can be difficult to deal with insurance companies. In our state the homeowner can choose the contractor they want to do work for them. We work with the homeowner, bill them directly and give them additional receipts to give to their insurance company so they can recover their expenses.

If the homeowner has challenges I would recommend that they speak to the state insurance commissioners office. It can be amazing how things get resolved when they get involved.

John
John Bently

Postby Art Schlangen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:47 pm

We do a lot of restoration work, I have found the restoration companies use a software called Xactimate. It is set in stone what they charge to clean, replace, rebuild etc. This is the standard in the adjuster world it was written by State Farm, and it is pretty much the bible in the restoration. This software has the amount to lets say replace or fix a wall. How much contractors can charge. They have prices down from replacing the drywall, mudding and painting. The software states the insurance companies will pay $$ per registers. BUT if you are working with the home owner and insurance company you should be able to get this price. I work with restoration companies they have to make something off the job. All they do is call us to clean the ducts. They have all the advertisement, sales, tv add, etc, we just sit here and wait for the phone to ring. Since we have started a big portion of our work is restoration companies. We have two next week. Hope this helps, good luck

ART
Rescue Duct
www.rescueduct.com
Greenwood, In
Art Schlangen

Postby Ron » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:52 pm

I've also been doing restoration work for a lot of years too and there is nothing set in stone so don't short change yourself!
If you give them a single job during the year, it is more than adequate compensation for every job they gave you.
Ron

Return to General Discussion