Dryer Vent Cleaning

Whether you're brand new to air duct cleaning, an experienced contractor, or just someone who has a good idea, your opinions and experiences are valuable to others. Your voice matters.

Together, we can build discussion networks leading to more strategic and effective partnerships in the industry of air duct cleaning.

Dryer Vent Cleaning

Postby Neal Adrian » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Do you prefer drill operated or air powered brushes for dryer vent cleaning? Which ones work the best? Do you prefer cleaning from inside or outside, or is this completely dependent upon the system's configuration?

Neal
Neal Adrian

Re: Dryer Vent Cleaning

Postby wheelie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 am

Never found a need for brushs, I just use a non agressive airwhip. Depends on situation on hooking up at either end. Eight out of ten times you need a new vent out side if you try to take them off. I have a Ridgid shop vac with a 2 inch hose. Bought a 4 inch sheet metal cap and cut a 2 inch hole in it and put a 2 inch hose adapter. Commercail dryers with the bigger pipe and HRV's, I run a Nikkro SL4000 with one motor, 8 inch pipe with reducers to get to the size of pipe I want. Works well for me. Hope this helps.
wheelie

Postby gcuete » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 pm

If you do a lot of dryer vents I would recommend you own both, spinning bullet for the easy jobs and the brushes with with a clog breaker and a birds' nest retriever. With this combination you will be ble to quickly clean the most difficult ones. You can also avoid any mess when cleaning from the outside by using a lint-eater lint bag from Amazon.
Last edited by gcuete on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giuliano
Airwiz
www.airwizcleanair.com
gcuete

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 pm

I prefer to clean from outside with either the Bullet Line from Duct Cleaners Supply or a modified reverse spinning brush from Heat Seal. If cleaning from the inside, I'll use these same tools with either my 10" vac hose placed near the open end or a Ridgid 6.5hp shop vac and various adapters. For commercial work I like the Nikro EC-5000, but have modified mine so that I can quickly remove both motors to save my back on stairs.

I don't like powered brushes and would never use one unless I could verify that the entire vent was properly installed.
Ron

Postby gcuete » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:23 am

Ron, that's a good point, I don't send powered brushes far into the ducts either. I use brushes, clog breakers and birds' nest removal attachments from the outside to open the way for the spinning bullets to be sent far deep into the duct. To brake clogs and nests with the bullet is tedious.
Giuliano
Airwiz
www.airwizcleanair.com
gcuete

Postby Neal Adrian » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks for everyone's posts.

Who stocks the brushes, clog breakers and birds' nest retrievers'?

Neal
Neal Adrian

Postby gcuete » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:07 am

Rovac makes then, you find it at chimney sweep supplyers too.
Giuliano
Airwiz
www.airwizcleanair.com
gcuete

Return to General Discussion